Mon-Sat: 8.00-10.30,Sun: 8.00-4.00
applying from overseas – Visa USA Expert
Home » Guide  »  applying from overseas – Visa USA Expert
applying from overseas – Visa USA Expert
applying from overseas for a visa is easy if you know the process.

applying from overseas - Visa USA Expert

Applying From OverseasIf you are applying from overseas for an F1 from your home country, you will begin by selecting a school in the U.S. where you want to study and applying to the school.Because you are applying from overseas, you may also want to begin your goal by looking into preparing for your student visa interview at this time. If your application is accepted you will obtain a Form I-20 from the DSO (Designated School Official) and pay the I-901 SEVIS receipt.You will be added to the SEVIS database with an individual ID number.After the school enters your information into the SEVIS database, you will receive Form I-20 and schedule the “Initial Entry Visa Interview” with your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please check with your U.S. Embassy or Consulate to determine their policies and procedures and you MUST prepare for this interview or you can be denied your visa.How do you prepare for your student visa interview? You can check the US Department of State website and select your city, then click the link for visa information. Wait times for student visa appointments at embassies and consulates world-wide can be found at Travel.State.Gov.Go USA!– MikeAll information presented here is from my personal research and my attempts to save you time and money when pursuing your dream of coming to the USA to study. Do not take any of this information as LEGAL advice – I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV. This information is gathered from a variety of sources including many U.S. Government websites and I urge you to validate this information as much as possible, just as I do when posting on this blog.