Mon-Sat: 8.00-10.30,Sun: 8.00-4.00
apply to colleges in usa – Visa USA Expert
Home » Guide  »  apply to colleges in usa – Visa USA Expert
apply to colleges in usa – Visa USA Expert
apply to colleges in usa is the first step in getting your student visa and coming to the usa for your college education and improving your life for you and your family

apply to colleges in usa - Visa USA Expert

Applying for Admission to USA CollegeApplying for admission to colleges in the USA is the first step in getting the process of coming to the USA for your college education.Only after you have been accepted into a college in the USA can you:Apply for your student visa,Prepare for and pass the student visa interviewThen wave goodbye and leave for America and begin your college life.You have probably been thinking about and researching college options since you were in high school. We know how important it is for you to be accepted into a quality school and your family is probably depending on you to do well and make good decisions too. I lived in Asia for years as an English teacher and I saw the pressure up close – it can be very frustrating and nerve-wracking – but you can do it!All your college and career research will pay off for you now as you take your time and decide the school or degree program that is best for you and apply to colleges in USA.The right school makes a huge difference in your travel and education experience, not to mention the costs involved in funding your college education.Check out this short video on what you should be thinking about as an international student who wants to come to the USA for their college education.What should you think about as an international student?document.createElement('video'); do you start?Step 1: Take a minute and check out all my info on Why Study in the US for help with this crucial decision when applying to colleges in the USA…Remember that ONLY schools that are certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) are authorized to accept international students. But that’s okay, because there are 1,000’s of schools in this list for you!Step 2: Next, go here: the Homeland Security site, and search for colleges and universities that are SEVP-certified.If you are already in the USA on a valid non-immigrant visa for a reason other than going to college, and you are interested in going to college here, you will need to change your status. All of the information you need on changing your status you can find here… You do not need a recruiter in order to obtain a US student visa and you should beware of immigration scams that take advantage of international students. Take a look through this brochure on how to not get ripped off when it comes to getting your visa. What’s Next?Once you apply to colleges in USA, you will need to take the required entrance exams the school requires. You can learn all about these tests (SAT, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) in the Applying to College area of this site.Once you are accepted into a college program your school will give you a document called a Form I-20. The Form I-20 is a paper record of your information in a database called SEVIS.Each school that accepts you will mail you a Form I-20. Before you apply for your student visa, you must select one school’s Form I-20.Check your Form I-20 against your passport information to make sure that your name and date of birth are correctly listed and spelled. It is not correct, get in touch with the school official who sent you the form I-20 and let them know something is incorrect.Once you have your Form I-20, you are ready for the next step – paying your SEVIS I-901 fee.Don’t Be AnxiousIt seems like a lot to do, but did you know that over 800,000 international students just like you came over to the USA and attended college just last year alone?You can do this, just like they did. Look over in the right menu at the list of topics and learn more about the questions you have. Use the Search feature to find out details about forms and tests and things you want to know about like what it’s like to go to college in the USA.Go USA!-MikeAll information presented here is from my personal research and my attempts to save you time and money when pursuing your dream of coming to the USA to study. Do not take any of this information as LEGAL advice – I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV. This information is gathered from a variety of sources including many U.S. Government websites and I urge you to validate this information as much as possible, just as I do when posting on this blog. 13 thoughts on “Applying for Admission”Jogos De Carros June 30, 2020at 11:15 pmI know this site provides quality based articles or reviewsand extra information, is there any other website which presents these kinds of information in quality?Jogos De Carros recently posted…Jogos De CarrosReply ↓Ali Momin noori July 3, 2020at 8:47 ami want’s to continua my studiesReply ↓Mike Ward, M.Ed., Post authorJuly 3, 2020at 9:38 amHello, Ali:Thanks for visiting my site, it’s designed to help international students like you who want to come to a college in the USA and get their college education. There are few things you can do early to give yourself a better chance at an education in the USA. 1) Take all the English classes and learning opportunities you can – your tests will be in English and your student visa interview is in English – you must learn English to even consider coming to the USA for your school. 2) Prepare as early as you can to take the big tests like the PSAT and SAT as soon as you can. These tests have a direct impact on whether you will be accepted into a school you want. 3) Ensure you family or sponsor is willing to pay for your education and get documents that show you are able to pay for these years of study. 4) Apply for your student visa as soon as you are accepted into an American college and begin preparing for your visa interview. 5) Get approved for your visa and come over and start classes in your new home and start enjoying college life in the USA. Good Luck!!Reply ↓tariq July 27, 2020at 1:54 amniceReply ↓Mike Ward, M.Ed., Post authorJuly 28, 2020at 12:46 pmThank you for your comment, Tariq. What did you like about this information?Reply ↓sakthi August 21, 2020at 11:45 pmHello sir,i would like to pursue my master’s in US. So i applied and accepted by the university last week andi will get my i-20 form for the next couple of weeks.but. unfortunately,i had receive the i-20 form of the pilot training school at yesterday. if it’s affect my visa process while i’m applying for only master’s.Reply ↓Mike Ward, M.Ed., Post authorAugust 25, 2020at 2:32 pmThat’s great that you have been accepted by two schools, but you can only pick one. Once you pick the school you want to attend the process for your student visa begins and your information will be organized and documented by our government. When you apply for your student visa you must let them know the school you have selected so it will be this school that you need to talk about in your student visa interview, document you can pay for your education with your financial information, and be able to explain why you selected the school you did. Ensure that during your student visa interview you make it clear that you will be returning to your home country when you are finished your education – this is critical to be approved for your visa.Good Luck!MikeReply ↓Abdul wahab (samim) September 2, 2020at 6:28 ami want to improve my education in usa.Reply ↓abdulbasit kamal September 9, 2020at 2:54 ami would like to study in USAf i get the visa of USA i promise to regard the law of USA or study in USAthinks the government of USA pave the way for regards abdulbasit kamalReply ↓Noor Gulzar November 7, 2020at 3:04 pmI am an afghan national ,i would like to join a law collage in USA as will as to proceed my high level education in USA.I would like to kindly let me know will you accept the student from Afghanistan ?with kind regardsNoor gulzarReply ↓Mike Ward, M.Ed., Post authorJuly 8, 2021at 11:36 amYes, they will accept students from all over the globe, however there are a few countries that are more difficult than others because our State Department believes these countries are state sponsors of terrorism. These countries are Iran, Sudan, and Syria. All other students can be accepted to a USA college or university and apply for an F1 student visa and come to the USA for their college.Reply ↓najibullah farhang November 25, 2020at 1:48 pmi am najibullah farhang from kabul afghanistan . and i graduation from herat university and i have very favorite my education continue to usa thanks your sincerely najibullah farhangReply ↓Waleed September 24, 2016 at 4:42 amhello Sir Mike.I just want to know that do i have to pay semester fees or any other besides admission fees to university before entering US.?Reply ↓Leave a Reply Cancel replyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email *