Mon-Sat: 8.00-10.30,Sun: 8.00-4.00
June 2, 2020
Home » June 2, 2020 - Visa USA expert
June 2, 2020
Transferring | Visa USA Expert
By visausda232xR | |
Transferring your visa is easy if you know the process. If you wish to transfer to another institution while studying on an F-1 student visa, you will need to be a full time student and in good academic standing. To transfer your visa, you will also need to insure that the school you are transferring to is approved by USCIS to educate Foreign Students. Once this is confirmed the following steps need to be completed: Have proof of acceptance at the institution you plan on attending (you get this upon enrolling). Obtain contact information from the DSO (Designated School Official) at the institution you plan on attending. Notify your current (transfer-out) school of your intent to transfer. Request an International Student Transfer Form from and fill it out. You will have to sign the form authorizing your current school to release certain information about you and transfer your SEVIS record. Submit F-1 Student Documents and Fees and obtain your I-20 from the new school: Copy of current I-20 Copy of Passport Proof of funds Enrollment Fee Transfer Fee International Student Deposit You must also report to the school within 15 days of the program start date and enroll full-time in the first required session at the school. Even if you have completed or been terminated from a school, that school is still obligated to transfer your SEVIS record to any school you desire. If your current/previous school refuses to transfer your SEVIS record, work with the DSO at your new school to try to resolve the situation. A school cannot refuse to transfer SEVIS records for any financial or business reasons. Go USA! - Mike All information presented here is from my personal research and my attempts to save you time and money when pursuing your dream of coming to the USA to study. Do not take any of this information as LEGAL advice - I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV. This information is gathered from a variety of sources including many U.S. Government websites and I urge you to validate this information as much as possible, just as I do when posting on this blog. | Get your student visa and come to the USA for college!